We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 300+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for experienced Senior .Net Developers to help our Ascent projects team define and deliver success.
- We’re really good at what we do and we’re easy to work with. We’re a friendly bunch working in an open, highly collaborative environment - and we think success is best shared. Our teams are geared to get the best out of everyone, achieving objectives for our business and our customers as a collective.
- Change is good: Continuous evolution is necessary to keep us at the top of our game as individuals - and our business at the forefront of our industry.
- Diversity delivers more: We operate all over the world and pride ourselves on inclusivity. We believe diversity of people encourages diversity of thought and reflects the world we and our customers inhabit.
- Quality without compromise: We leave nothing to chance, and that starts with the very first step of our recruitment process right through to the last deliverable in a customer engagement.
- Your voice matters: We’re always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time).
- Audacious thinking: We encourage our teams to think big. Then we turn these big ideas into durable, simple design and experience.
- Training benefits everyone: We’re committed to the growth of our teams and talent through personal development and upskilling programmes.
In this role, you will apply your expertise across a set of interesting customers, diverse, sectors and complex challenges, on both major transformations (typically 6-18 months) and smaller scope engagements. This is an opportunity to develop your career in an ambitious, modern business that is committed to delivering measurable customer impact with leading edge tech.
- You will have at least 1-2 years of experience working with Agile software delivery teams as a Senior .Net Developer or in a similar role, with a consultative background or a real desire to be customer-facing.
Required skills and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of software development experience in .NET development
- Strong understanding and past experience of different database paradigms (SQL and NoSQL) and their application.
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based solutions, preferably in Microsoft Azure
- Strong knowledge of microservices concepts like event based messaging, domain driven design, containerization and related technologies
- Strong analytical and logical thinking abilities
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work within a team and focus on a common sprint goal while delivering high product and code quality.
- Experience in source control and collaboration tools like GIT and Azure DevOps
- Experience in working in an Agile team
- Teamwork – work well within a team and within established boundaries
- Can do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions
- Communication - conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening
- Attention to detail - ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Designing and implementing new functionality in the product based upon backlog items according to the definition of done to the required quality and within the agreed time.
- Actively contributing to the architecture of the solution and evangelising patterns and best practices.
- Involved and vocal participant in the agile ceremonies.
- Applying independence and creativity to problem solving across backlog items.
- Mentoring other developers.
- Test completed backlog items.
- Responsible for the backlog item estimation.
- Understand and follow guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to functional and non-functional specification.
- Diagnosing and resolving product bugs identified.
- Maintaining and supporting existing software.
- Maintain required project technical documentation.
- Providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software development lifecycle.
- Ensures that development tasks are being created and adequately described.
- Ensures that the branching strategy is being adhered to.
- Manage code reviews (pull requests) ensuring quality code.
- Responsible for the deployments and data migration.
- Ensuring that the development environments required for the project are in place and available.
- Setting up CI / CD pipelines
- Writing up release notes for deployments.
- Identify, review and mitigate technical risk, issues and impediments
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
- We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings and company events and others