About the company:
BDO is an international network of public accounting, tax and advisory firms, the BDO Member Firms, which perform professional services under the name of BDO. The global network provides advisory services in 144 countries, with 56,389 people working out of 1,264 offices worldwide. The combined fee income of all the BDO Member Firms was $6.4 billion in 2013. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms.
Service provision within the international BDO network is coordinated by Brussels Worldwide Services BVBA, a limited liability company incorporated in Belgium with its statutory seat in Brussels.
To reinforce our Global IT team, BWS is seeking a Business Analyst for our internal software deployments supporting our network’s Audit and Assurance practices.
Overall objective of the position:
The Data/Report Analyst is responsible for the continuous improvement of situational awareness and data maturity via creation of analytics and reporting capability. This includes:
- Identifying analytics requirements – working with the Business leadership to determine their:
- data and information use cases;
- data and information requirements -capturing and developing business rules/logic and relevant metrics.
- Sourcing and modelling data. This may involve:
- Creating suitable target-state data models for analysis.
- integrating source systems or extracting data from databases as required (in conjunction with DBAs & dev team).
- performing any data transformations necessary to create target-state datasets.
- Developing analytics – creating reports and information artefacts to provide real time intelligence and predictive capability.
- Creation of reports and dashboards in PowerBi in accordance with business requirements for an audience within the company Global office and its network. Finding and optimizing relations between various data requirements for reporting.
Performance and progress in the following areas will be the priorities for this position:
- Developing well documented and defined use cases and requirements.
- Modelling and populating appropriate datasets for analysis.
- Creating information artefacts to support operational management and oversight.
- Creation of interactive reporting in a PowerBi environment
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Relevant qualifications in IT or a related discipline are desirable but not essential.
- Basic, proven (1-3 years) experience in Power BI. Knowledge of M-language and DAX are required. Certifications are desirable but not essential.
- Skills in data extraction and systems integration highly desirable.
- Appropriate communication and inter-personal skills, particularly the ability to work across international cultures. Strong written communication skills are also required to produce reports and technical documentation.
- Experience in business analysis, data modelling and reporting highly regarded.
Experience with Azure or other cloud environments and/or IT Service Management functions desirable