About the company:
BDO is an international network of public accounting, tax and advisory firms, the BDO Member Firms, which perform professional services under the name of BDO. The global network provides advisory services in 144 countries, with 56,389 people working out of 1,264 offices worldwide. The combined fee income of all the BDO Member Firms was $6.4 billion in 2013. BDO is the brand name for the BDO network and for each of the BDO Member Firms.Service provision within the international BDO network is coordinated by Brussels Worldwide Services BVBA, a limited liability company incorporated in Belgium with its statutory seat in Brussels.To reinforce our Global IT team, BWS is seeking a Business Analyst for our internal software deployments supporting our network’s Audit and Assurance practices.
The Business Analyst will function as a liaison between the business owners in BDO’s various business lines and the application developers. Working directly with architects, project managers, and developers, playing a vital role in documenting business requirements, scope and objectives, the role will define specifications and develop recommendations to solve business problems and work in a variety of ways to contribute to final delivery of system enhancements. The role will also be involved in setting up the necessary testing to provide the business the reassurance they need to successfully incorporate new applications.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must:
- Planning and directing analysis of complex business problems to be solved with automated systems
- Working with users to determine and implement best practices as standard business procedures
- Working with the appropriate resources to ensure that system rollout communications and training materials are made available
- Maintaining accountability to functional owners / process sponsors for continuous improvement of processes and systems
- Working, together with the test manager, on test scenario’s which can be performed by assigned business resources.
- Working with appropriate resources on the development of test problems to debug the system and participating in trial runs of the systems, including integration and acceptance testing.
The following skills would be considered an asset:
- Fluent in both verbal and written English; other languages are a plus
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritise and multitask
- A motivated individual with a focus on achieving excellent results through being analytical, resolute, accurate, independent, and responsible
- Available to work flexible hours (project teams may span time zones)
- The ideal candidate will have 2 to 4 years of Business Analysis experience, with a minimum of 1 years demonstrating experience in custom software development projects.
- Professional experience including business analysis work for IT projects. Experience that started in IT will be considered if able to demonstrate significant success in mastering the business-focused aspects of the role.
- Experience in working within a financial environment is considered an advantage but not mandatory.
- Solid understanding of software lifecycles, including analysis, design, development, QA, functional testing, rollout, support and project management roles and best practices
- Ability to work effectively in an international team with strong collaboration, communication, and business relationship skills
- Strong written communication, and excellent presentation and facilitation skills. Advanced knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word) and other software tools to perform analyses and reporting
- Proven track record of delivery on technology projects
- Extensive experience with the technology tools