About the company:
Owned by Private Equity Investor Marcol and based in Amsterdam, Atida is a pan European collection of B2C healthcare brands that delivery the in-store pharmacy experience in a digital age. Comprised of businesses that have been in operation since 2006, and experiencing record growth, Atida brands receive over 20 million unique visits annually across the continent and further afield, including customers in the Far East taking advantage of the high quality service and wide product selection.
We are looking for a proficient Go developer who possesses a strong understanding of how best to leverage and exploit the language’s unique paradigms, idioms, and syntax. Your primary focus will be on developing Go packages and programs that are scalable and maintainable. You will ensure that these Go packages and programs are well documented and have reasonable test coverage. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
In conjunction with Inviqa and other partners, Atida have been rebuilding the base product sets on which its services are based using latest technologies and products including Spryker engine, Drupal, Next.js, Akeneo, Golang, Istio, Kubernetes, Elastic Search and much more.
We are seeking an outgoing, energetic and above all talented individual who can demonstrate prowess in software engineering to support the continued development of the OLP Group technology platform as the business enters a period of high growth, including further international expansion and changes to its core proposition.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for the right candidate to grow into a more responsible position in a team as the business enters new markets, adopts new technologies and makes its customers healthier and happier. There is no legacy here, just forward facing, modern languages, products and concepts which require your expertise to bring to life.
You’ll be accountable for delivering best in class engineering, best practice and standards whilst part of a team of high caliber technology professionals building a class defining product.
Required Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate must:
- Have strong knowledge of the Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms
- Have a good understanding of Kubernetes and Docker
- Understand load balancing for high availability applications
- Understand key e-Commerce concepts
- Be open to discussing potential solutions with the rest of the team
- Have a strong passion for development and strive for innovation
- Be familiar with code versioning tools such as Git
- Have excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic and agile environment
The following skills would be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of gRPC
- Knowledge of the Java programming language
- Knowledge of Event Sourcing and Message Queues
- Knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
- Experience with the full stack of Go frameworks and tools, including:
- Dependency management tools such as Godep, and Sltr.
- Go’s templating language
- Go’s code generation tools, such as Stringer
- Popular Go web frameworks, such as Revel
- Router packages, such as Gorilla Mux
- Ability to write clean and effective GoDoc comments
- Have at least 2 years of experience working with Go in a professional environment
- Have five or more years developing commercial applications
- Writing scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Translating software requirements into stable, working, high-performance software
- Playing a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient microservices distributed architecture