About the company:
Owned by Private Equity Investor Marcol and based in Amsterdam, Atida is a pan European collection of B2C healthcare brands that delivery the in-store pharmacy experience in a digital age. Comprised of businesses that have been in operation since 2006, and experiencing record growth, Atida brands receive over 20 million unique visits annually across the continent and further afield, including customers in the Far East taking advantage of the high quality service and wide product selection.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to join our team and continue to expand our Cloud and On-Premise infrastructure. They will be working with the team to identify automation and infrastructure needs and assure proper monitoring and CI/CD practices are met.
In conjunction with Inviqa and other partners,Atida have been rebuilding the base product sets on which its services are based using latest technologies and products including Spryker engine, Drupal, Next.js, Akeneo, Golang, Istio, Kubernetes, Elastic Search and much more.
We are seeking an outgoing, energetic and above all talented individual who can demonstrate prowess in software engineering to support the continued development of the Atida technology platform as the business enters a period of high growth, including further international expansion and changes to its core proposition.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for the right candidate to grow into a more responsible position in a team as the business enters new markets, adopts new technologies and makes its customers healthier and happier. There is no legacy here, just forward facing, modern languages, products and concepts which require your expertise to bring to life.
You’ll be accountable for delivering best in class engineering, best practice and standards whilst part of a team of high caliber technology professionals building a class defining product.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience with Infrastructure-as-Code
- Have solid experience with configuration management and automation tools – Ansible
- Have a good understanding of AWS services or similar
- Have experience with Containers, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Have expertise in Monitoring tools like Prometheus and Grafana
- Have a good understanding of service mesh architecture and tooling
- Have experience with provisioning tools
- Have experience with source code version control systems (Git)
- Have experience with CI/CD tools & frameworks (Jenkins)
- Have experience in designing and implementing enterprise IT solutions
- Have demonstrable development and scripting abilities
- Have a good understanding of web and application servers (node.js, nginx)
- Have an understanding of the NoSql databases concepts
- Have excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic and agile environment
The following skills would be considered an asset:
- Understanding of ElasticSearch
- Have experience in HashiCorp Terraform
- Process re-engineering and data management skills
- Excellent knowledge of networking standards (Ethernet, WLAN, TCP/IP, DNS) and Linux networking tools
- Commitment to supporting a highly-available solution
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience, you justify a solid experience in the Linux ecosystem and open-source, including at least 3-4 years in Debian GNU / Linux environment.
- Design and implement highly-available and scalable solutions
- Participate in the maintenance and evolution of our platform and infrastructure
- Develop, implement and continuously improve the monitoring and alerting systems for our infrastructure and middleware
- Automate tasks, build jobs, deployment and other processes
- Mitigate downtime during planned interruptions
- Deploy new server application updates, as well as system
- updates and security patches
- Analyse critical application issues, formalise issue reporting and escalate accordingly
- Take corrective actions to resolve system events (log analysis, disk management, database, application server)