About the company:
Owned by Private Equity Investor Marcol and based in Amsterdam, Atida is a pan European collection of B2C healthcare brands that delivery the in-store pharmacy experience in a digital age. Comprised of businesses that have been in operation since 2006, and experiencing record growth, Atida brands receive over 20 million unique visits annually across the continent and further afield, including customers in the Far East taking advantage of the high quality service and wide product selection.
We are looking for an experienced top-notch frontend developer to grow with our dev team. As a React.js Developer, you will be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive.
In conjunction with Inviqa and other partners, Atida have been rebuilding the base product sets on which its services are based using latest technologies and products including Spryker engine, Drupal, Next.js, Akeneo, Golang, Istio, Kubernetes, Elastic Search and much more.
We are seeking an outgoing, energetic and above all talented individual who can demonstrate prowess in software engineering to support the continued development of the Atida technology platform as the business enters a period of high growth, including further international expansion and changes to its core proposition.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for the right candidate to grow into a more responsible position in a team as the business enters new markets, adopts new technologies and makes its customers healthier and happier. There is no legacy here, just forward facing, modern languages, products and concepts which require your expertise to bring to life.
You’ll be accountable for delivering best in class engineering, best practice and standards whilst part of a team of high caliber technology professionals building a class defining product.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Have knowledge of isomorphic React with Next.js
- Experience with React.js Redux workflow
- Have a good understanding of Kubernetes and Docker
- Understand key e-Commerce concepts
- Be familiar with RESTful APIs and GraphQL
- Have knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Be familiar with current frontend build pipelines and tools
- Have experience with industry-standard frontend development tools such as Babel, Webpack, and NPM
- Be proficient in TypeScript
- Be familiar with code versioning tools such as Git
- Be open to transitioning to a Full-Stack role in the future
- Have excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic and agile environment
The following skills would be considered an asset:
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g. Immutable.js)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Have at least two years of experience working with React in a professional environment.
- Have five or more years developing commercial applications
- Responsible for development of new highly-responsive, web-based user interface
- Construct visualizations that can support vast amounts of data
- Work and collaborate with the rest of the engineering team
- Work with the product team and graphic designers
- Learn and understand user interactions
- Develop a flexible and well-structured frontend architecture, along with the APIs to support it