We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 300+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for experienced Product Owner to help our Ascent projects team define and deliver success.
- We’re really good at what we do and we’re easy to work with. We’re a friendly bunch working in an open, highly collaborative environment - and we think success is best shared. Our teams are geared to get the best out of everyone, achieving objectives for our business and our customers as a collective.
- Change is good: Continuous evolution is necessary to keep us at the top of our game as individuals - and our business at the forefront of our industry.
- Diversity delivers more: We operate all over the world and pride ourselves on inclusivity. We believe diversity of people encourages diversity of thought and reflects the world we and our customers inhabit.
- Quality without compromise: We leave nothing to chance, and that starts with the very first step of our recruitment process right through to the last deliverable in a customer engagement.
- Your voice matters: We’re always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time).
- Audacious thinking: We encourage our teams to think big. Then we turn these big ideas into durable, simple design and experience.
- Training benefits everyone: We’re committed to the growth of our teams and talent through personal development and upskilling programmes.
In this role, you will apply your expertise across a set of interesting customers, diverse, sectors and complex challenges, on both major transformations (typically 6-18 months) and smaller scope engagements. This is an opportunity to develop your career in an ambitious, modern business that is committed to delivering measurable customer impact with leading edge tech.
- You will have at least 1 year of experience working with Agile software delivery teams as a Product Owner or in a similar role, with a consultative background or a real desire to be customer-facing.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Good leadership skills
- Able to define the bigger picture and product roadmap
- Able and eager to learn about different domains in order to gain product knowledge
- Eye for visual design
- Ability to slice backlog items and prioritize in terms of product value
- Excellent communication skills at various levels: client, middle management, team
- Has a brief and clear writing style
- Able to research relevant products and internet trends
- Keeps track of the project’s budget
- Comes up with appropriate metrics that are used to shape and validate the product
- Able to manage different and sometimes difficult stakeholders
- A degree or equivalent in experience, preferably in ICT or a related area.
- Have at least 5 years of experience working with Agile software delivery teams as a product owner or a similar role.
- Having a CSPO or similar certification will be considered a valuable asset.
- Previous experience in a technical role in software development is considered an asset
- Empathise with stakeholders and customers.
- Know how to ask questions in a way that enables problem visibility and solution generation.
- Be a great relationship builder and constructive negotiator.
- Have good leadership skills.
- Be able to break down complex problems into clear, simplified backlog work items that deliver demonstrable client value as early as possible.
- Be a believer in the MVP-first and fail-fast approaches to prove a hypothesis using experimentation with feedback for confirmation and solution validation.
- Articulate explanations and vision, using crisp English language leveraging use-case examples for less technical audiences.
- Understand the difference between Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- Have excellent English communication written and spoken skills.
- Value the importance of working with client stakeholders to improve solution UX.
- Work with unclear client requirements and leverage structured techniques to work with clients to drive clarity in requirements, customer confidence and problem resolutions.
- Be comfortable with emergent design rather than design upfront.
- Understand and articulate client wants vs needs.
- Be able to articulate the long-term solution vision for the client and development team.
- Define, analyze, and react to product metrics (such as Analytics, A/B testing, Pirate metrics) to provide valuable client guidance should changing of direction be needed.
- Be able to manage the expectations of business and technical stakeholders.
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
- We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings and company events and others