Ascent Software is an exciting, newly formed group and a premier provider of digital transformation projects to global corporate client bases including Bosch, G4S, Hive, BT, BDO, RSM amongst others. These companies entrust us with delivering their digital journey in the best possible way and we achieve this by empowering our teams to develop fantastic solutions and by applying our agile processes to every project. The business’s main development centers are in Bulgaria, Malta and UK, with 350 developers spread across 20 countries.
- World class delivery and attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Fast-paced environment
- Can-do approach
- Positive attitude towards change
- Quick and eager to learn
- Highly collaborative
We are seeking an experienced Product Owner to help ambitious businesses across different industries and domains, to create a market advantage through transformative technology delivered through products.
Acting as the Product Owner you will liaise directly with clients to negotiate and determine the user experience and requirements, product goals, scope and priorities, collect feedback and act upon it. You will also work with the development team in a strong Agile oriented environment, to ensure that the people building the solutions are equipped with the latest information in order to deliver the required software capabilities to agreed specification, on time and to high quality.
At Ascent Software, the Product Owner is at par with the development team and is expected to be able to demonstrate great collaborative capabilities. Your responsibilities include populating and prioritizing the Product Backlog for a team of 3 – 7 people, in accordance with feedback from stakeholders.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Good leadership skills
- Able to define the bigger picture and product roadmap
- Able and eager to learn about different domains in order to gain product knowledge
- Eye for visual design
- Ability to slice backlog items and prioritize in terms of product value
- Excellent communication skills at various levels: client, middle management, team
- Has a brief and clear writing style
- Able to research relevant products and internet trends
- Keeps track of the project’s budget
- Comes up with appropriate metrics that are used to shape and validate the product
- Able to manage different and sometimes difficult stakeholders
- A degree or equivalent in experience, preferably in ICT or a related area.
- Have at least 5 years of experience working with Agile software delivery teams as a product owner or a similar role.
- Having a CSPO or similar certification will be considered a valuable asset.
- Previous experience in a technical role in software development is considered an asset
- Empathise with stakeholders and customers.
- Know how to ask questions in a way that enables problem visibility and solution generation.
- Be a great relationship builder and constructive negotiator.
- Have good leadership skills.
- Be able to break down complex problems into clear, simplified backlog work items that deliver demonstrable client value as early as possible.
- Be a believer in the MVP-first and fail-fast approaches to prove a hypothesis using experimentation with feedback for confirmation and solution validation.
- Articulate explanations and vision, using crisp English language leveraging use-case examples for less technical audiences.
- Understand the difference between Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- Have excellent English communication written and spoken skills.
- Value the importance of working with client stakeholders to improve solution UX.
- Work with unclear client requirements and leverage structured techniques to work with clients to drive clarity in requirements, customer confidence and problem resolutions.
- Be comfortable with emergent design rather than design upfront.
- Understand and articulate client wants vs needs.
- Be able to articulate the long-term solution vision for the client and development team.
- Define, analyze, and react to product metrics (such as Analytics, A/B testing, Pirate metrics) to provide valuable client guidance should changing of direction be needed.
- Be able to manage the expectations of business and technical stakeholders.
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
- We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings and company events and others