Ascent Software is an exciting, newly formed group and a premier provider of digital transformation projects to global corporate client bases including Bosch, G4S, Hive, BT, BDO, RSM amongst others. These companies entrust us with delivering their digital journey in the best possible way and we achieve this by empowering our teams to develop fantastic solutions and by applying our agile processes to every project. The business’s main development centers are in Bulgaria, Malta and UK, with 350 developers spread across 20 countries.
- World class delivery and attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Fast-paced environment
- Can-do approach
- Positive attitude towards change
- Quick and eager to learn
- Highly collaborative
Ascent is looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Senior .NET Developer. As a senior member of the Development Team delivering a range of cutting edge solutions, you will play an active role in activities related to the design, development, and maintenance of our products.
Required skills and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of software development experience in .NET
- At least 1- 2 years with Microservices
- Strong understanding and past experience designing and developing Microservices architectures and associated patterns – (Domain Driven Design, Event based systems, Eventual Consistency, Offline First Design)
- Strong understanding and past experience of different database paradigms (SQL and NoSQL) and their application.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and .NET Framework
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based solutions, preferably in the Azure Ecosystem
- Strong analytical and logical thinking abilities
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work within a team and focus on a common sprint goal while delivering high product and code quality.
- Experience in source control and collaboration tools like GIT and Azure DevOps
- Experience in working in an Agile team
- Teamwork – work well within a team and within established boundaries
- Can do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions
- Communication - conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening
- Attention to detail - ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Designing and implementing new functionality in the product based upon backlog items according to the definition of done to the required quality and within the agreed time.
- Actively contributing to the architecture of the solution and evangelising patterns and best practices around a microservices approach to development.
- Involved and vocal participant in the agile ceremonies.
- Applying independence and creativity to problem solving across backlog items.
- Mentoring other developers.
- Test completed backlog items.
- Responsible for the backlog item estimation.
- Understand and follow guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to functional and non-functional specification.
- Diagnosing and resolving product bugs identified.
- Maintaining and supporting existing software.
- Maintain required project technical documentation.
- Providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software development lifecycle.
- Ensures that development tasks are being created and adequately described.
- Ensures that the branching strategy is being adhered to.
- Manage code reviews (pull requests) ensuring quality code.
- Responsible for the deployments and data migration.
- Ensuring that the development environments required for the project are in place and available.
- Setting up CI / CD pipelines
- Writing up release notes for deployments.
- Identify, review and mitigate technical risk, issues and impediments
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
- We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings and company events and others