We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 300+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for experienced Automation QA to help our Ascent projects team define and deliver success.
- We’re really good at what we do and we’re easy to work with. We’re a friendly bunch working in an open, highly collaborative environment - and we think success is best shared. Our teams are geared to get the best out of everyone, achieving objectives for our business and our customers as a collective.
- Change is good: Continuous evolution is necessary to keep us at the top of our game as individuals - and our business at the forefront of our industry.
- Diversity delivers more: We operate all over the world and pride ourselves on inclusivity. We believe diversity of people encourages diversity of thought and reflects the world we and our customers inhabit.
- Quality without compromise: We leave nothing to chance, and that starts with the very first step of our recruitment process right through to the last deliverable in a customer engagement.
- Your voice matters: We’re always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time).
- Audacious thinking: We encourage our teams to think big. Then we turn these big ideas into durable, simple design and experience.
- Training benefits everyone: We’re committed to the growth of our teams and talent through personal development and upskilling programmes.
In this role, you will apply your expertise across a set of interesting customers, diverse, sectors and complex challenges, on both major transformations (typically 6-18 months) and smaller scope engagements. This is an opportunity to develop your career in an ambitious, modern business that is committed to delivering measurable customer impact with leading edge tech.
- You will have at least 2 years of experience working with Agile software delivery teams as a Automation QA or in a similar role, with a consultative background or a real desire to be customer-facing.
Required skills and qualifications:
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good problem-solving skills
- Writing and analysing of user stories and/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Working with other groups, software testers. Have strong communication skills that allow them to collaborate with others. Communicate problems and coordinate with QA, development, and business groups to ensure products are free of errors
- Provide support and documentation
- Analytical with great attention to detail
- Experience in Version Control Systems
- Knowledge of commonly used design patterns and architectures, databases and REST Web APIs.
- Experience in documentation is considered to be an asset
- Good communication and reporting skills
- 1 years experience as a Software Tester or similar role
- Databases and SQL (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Automation tools (Selenium Web Driver, Visual Studio)
- Understand the requirements from the PPO and prepare test plans and scenarios
- Preparing test data for the test cases
- Design and development of automation scripts
- Defect tracking
- Update the test result document
- Log / file the defects in defect tracking tool / bug report
- Verify defects have been correctly resolved once the development team have worked on them
- Discuss doubts/queries with development team
- Communication with the equivalent Practice Lead
- Participate in review meetings within the team
- Giving mandatory information about a defect to developers in order to fix it
- Ensure content and structure of all testing documents / artefacts is documented and maintained
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path
- We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings and company events and others