We are Ascent. We’re on a mission to help our customers connect data, software and purpose to create extraordinary outcomes. You could say we are a digital transformation business. But we’d rather say we help people solve problems, or do new things, or do existing things better.
We specialise in software product development, analytics and data science, IoT solutions, machine learning, DevOps optimisation and modernisation of applications, data and platforms. And in case you were wondering, our customers are awesome. From smart home devices, space exploration and beer to manufacturing, finance, ecology and logistics - we work with some of the sharpest minds in the brightest businesses.
Ascent is UK based with specialist hubs in Malta and Bulgaria and smaller local teams in 14 countries worldwide. We’re a 300+ strong team that’s growing – fast – in a vibrant market and we are continuously looking for new talent and perspectives. And right now we’re looking for experienced Agile Coach to help our company projects team define and deliver success.
- We’re really good at what we do and we’re easy to work with. We’re a friendly bunch working in an open, highly collaborative environment - and we think success is best shared. Our teams are geared to get the best out of everyone, achieving objectives for our business and our customers as a collective.
- Change is good: Continuous evolution is necessary to keep us at the top of our game as individuals - and our business at the forefront of our industry.
- Diversity delivers more: We operate all over the world and pride ourselves on inclusivity. We believe diversity of people encourages diversity of thought and reflects the world we and our customers inhabit.
- Quality without compromise: We leave nothing to chance, and that starts with the very first step of our recruitment process right through to the last deliverable in a customer engagement.
- Your voice matters: We’re always keen to hear your opinions and those ideas that come to you at 3am (some of them are definitely as good as they seemed at the time).
- Audacious thinking: We encourage our teams to think big. Then we turn these big ideas into durable, simple design and experience.
- Training benefits everyone: We’re committed to the growth of our teams and talent through personal development and upskilling programmes.
In this role, you will apply your expertise across a set of interesting customers, diverse, sectors and complex challenges, on both major transformations (typically 6-18 months) and smaller scope engagements. This is an opportunity to develop your career in an ambitious, modern business that is committed to delivering measurable customer impact with leading edge tech.
- You will have at least 1-2 years of experience working with Agile software delivery teams as a Agile Coach or in a similar role, with a consultative background or a real desire to be customer-facing.
Required skills and qualifications:
The ideal candidate must demonstrate:
- Teamwork – work well within a team and within established boundaries.
- Taking responsibility - for assigned tasks and deliver them to an agreed level of quality and speed.
- Ability to prioritise work - in the face of potentially conflicting priorities coming from the development and project requirements.
- Can do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions.
- Problem solving skills – ability to find innovative solutions to team requirements.
- Time management - managing one’s own time and that of others.
- Communication - conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening.
- Creative thinking - thinking “outside the box” and come up with innovative solutions.
- Critical thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Decision-making abilities - able to take decisions quickly and effectively to ensure flow of work
- Organisation - working in an orderly fashion producing work that is clear and understandable to the user.
- Able to build client relationship - Build trustworthy relationships with clients by ensuring a healthy balance between professionalism and friendliness.
- Conflict resolution - Leveraging experience to diffuse escalating situations and transform them into positive outcomes for both the team and clients.
- Empathy - understand situations to address the root cause of issues.
- Attention to detail - ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Experience working with Agile software delivery teams as an Agile Coach or a similar role.
- Certified scrum master or equivalent.
- At least 1-2 years' experience in a development background.
- Ensure project methodologies are working within teams as measured by consistent and repeatable velocity.
- Establish, measure, and improve team velocity.
- Establish, measure and improve team morale.
- Help plan and execute meetings such as pre-planning, planning, daily stand-ups, review & retrospectives.
- Organise training to the team on the agile methodologies promoting continuous improvement on processes resulting in better velocity, quality, etc.
- Document & track lessons learned, outcomes for future analysis.
- Ensure all team members are participating and enabled.
- Ensure that while Agile ceremonies are being kept, they are delivering value to the team.
- Minimise external dependencies from the team which slow down velocity.
- Be the go-to-person to contact in order to help to initiate resolution of dependencies.
- Identify blockers to improved agile adoption within teams with recommendations on how to overcome them.
- Identify project risks and raise them proactively.
- Identify process issues and recommend improvements.
- Figure out the reasons why teams and projects may not be delivering the expected velocity results and take effective actions to remedy the situation.
- Encourage the proliferation of Agile best practices between different teams.
- Create a safe environment for healthy conflict and meaningful collaboration.
Why join Ascent:
- Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards.
- We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling.
- We are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations.
- You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world.
- We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path.
- We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings and company events and others.