Ascent Software is an exciting, newly formed group, premier provider of digital transformation projects to global corporate client bases including Bosch, G4S, Hive, BT, BDO, RSM amongst others. These companies entrust us with delivering their digital journey in the best possible way and we achieve this by empowering our teams to develop fantastic solutions and by applying our agile processes to every project. The business’s main development centers are in Bulgaria, Malta and UK, with 350 developers spread across 20 countries.
● World class delivery and attention to detail
● Strong customer focus
● Fast-paced environment
● Can-do approach
● Positive attitude towards change
● Quick and eager to learn
● Highly collaborative
We are looking for a 2nd Line Software Support officer to join our team. On a day to day basis, our team provides IT support and troubleshooting via telephone, email, ticketing system and remote support for our bespoke software solutions. We work with a number of local and international clients in various sectors, such as postal and logistics, transport engineering, insurance, forex trading and health, amongst others.
Our team is responsible for delivering high level customer service to a wide range of users, including those with minimal IT knowledge. We follow in depth diagnoses of issues and work in close contact with our development team as an escalation point. As part of our company-wide knowledge culture, the team also populate and maintain the existing knowledge base.
The ideal individuals for this role will have the following skills and attributes:
- Be equal parts technology and customer service oriented
- Persevere when there are challenging incidents and can work autonomously
- Organized specialist with analytical abilities who is being able to prioritize and multitask
- Diploma or degree in IT
- Experienced in administering SQL and writing SQL queries
- Administering applications such as MS SharePoint and/or Dynamics CRM will be considered an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours due to clients working in different time zones and openness to the possibility of work-related travel
- Verbal and written C1 English is required.
- Passion for delivering quality software solutions
- Methodical and structured approach with eye for detail and quality
- Excellent investigative and problem-solving abilities
- Work well individually or as part of a team, irrespective of team size
- Self-starter willing and able to take ownership and assume responsibility
- Ability to manage own time, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills at both technical and non-technical level
- Desire to broaden knowledge and expand skills
Why join Ascent:
● With over 350 developers spread over Sofia, Malta and the UK, Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards
● We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training/upskilling
● We are a fast-growing company with modern, comfortable and spacious air-conditioned offices at good location.
● You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world
● We offer Competitive salaries with a clear progression path
● We have great employee benefits such as health insurance, vouchers, sport activities cards, relax area with foosball, darts, ps4, regular team buildings and company events and others.