Holiday Extras are looking for experienced Senior Software Engineers who specialize in front end to come and use cutting edge technology to help us revolutionize how our customers (7 million and growing) travel.
We have a custom-built campus in Hythe, Kent, less than an hour from London. We also have our office in Sofia as well as remote team members across the UK. In total we have more than 130 people working on our product development including engineers, product managers, testers, and designers.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
You’ll be working with a team of engineers on refactoring our existing single page application and driving us towards an offline first user experience. You’ll be involved in extending our existing React and Redux architecture in order to support the growing number of concurrent split tests we use to drive the business strategy. Performance is at the heart of our customer web experience, so you’ll also get the opportunity to directly implement and monitor real time improvements to the speed of our website.
Delving into technical detail, using your expertise to support and drive our move to a microservices and APIs based architecture. You will get the opportunity to work with our Tech leads to come up with the best technical solutions. Our Senior Engineers help define and promote best practice, and you’d be leading and encouraging a supportive culture, including mentoring and giving feedback to those around you.
- Leading software engineering hands-on, in an agile product delivery environment.
- Developing strong relationships with our tech leaders and working with them to come up with the best technical solutions by interpreting and challenging their technical vision.
- Supporting Product Delivery, working closely with the Product Manager to deliver their roadmap, in a timely way using sustainable tech.
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the business in order to understand business and customer requirements to solve business problems with consideration for strategic and commercial influences
- Proactively looking to solve engineering challenges and improving processes, gaining support for the resolutions and knowing when to escalate.
- Delving into technical detail and using your expertise to support and drive our move to a microservices and APIs based architecture.
- Define and promote best practice, whilst leading and encouraging a supportive culture, including mentoring and giving feedback to those around you.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience with React.js or Node.js is desireable.
- Experience in distributed message platforms and Microservice Architectures.
- Demonstrated experience building highly scalable distributed web applications.
- Experience working as a senior software engineer in a technology business.
- Strong leadership capability, demonstrating a culture of autonomy and responsibility. Not afraid to make decisions and act quickly.
- Examples of a pragmatic approach to software delivery, understanding the pros (and cons) of shipping early and often.
- Ability to challenge our current processes and ways of thinking.
- Strong communication skills to work effectively with technical and non-technical people.
- Experience in influencing at all levels in order to gain support for Engineering decisions.
- Curiosity to experiment and learn new technologies.
- A desire to understand the business and where it’s heading.