Overall objective of the position:
This role will focus on technical management of services developed and hosted by BDO Global IT. Ensuring the integrity, availability, performance, recoverability and security in accordance with established policies, procedures and to agreed service levels.
Day-today responsibilities and expectations for this position:
- Administration of core network and business services across a range of platforms and technologies. Focused primarily on Microsoft cloud (Azure/Office365) technologies.
- Working to resolve ticket as they are escalated to our team. Communicating effectively with both internal and external resources via the helpdesk system, email, voice and Skype. Operating in accordance with ITSM standards.
- Installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software.
- Ensure business continuity through effective and efficient backup and recovery methodologies of core IT services
- Automation of common procedures used to resolve Incidents, problems and Change Requests.
- Standardization and documentation of common procedures that cannot be easily automated, for execution by other resources or teams
- Proactive monitoring of infrastructure and associated services
- Proactive management of infrastructure and associated services including patching and upgrading of applications and operating systems, application delivery, and problem remediation
- Provide customer service management in addition to general duties and contribution to team objectives
- Participate in the projects that change existing services, establish new services or retire services from an operational implementation and support perspective
Qualifications, Experience, Skills:
- Three to five (or more) years of commercial IT experience in enterprise infrastructure implementation and administration.
- Demonstrate intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following Microsoft technologies:
- Azure - Especially PaaS offerings – App Services, Azure SQL, etc.
- Azure Active Directory B2B
- Active Directory
- Experience working with custom internally-developed applications and interacting with development teams preffered.
- Fundamental knowledge of ITIL, or other IT Service Management methodology framework, and 3+ years experience working in an environment with:
– Adherence to formal change management processes;
– Delivery of services and support to defined service levels
– Experience using IT Service Management systems
- Effectively demonstrates leadership, teamwork, probllem solving, initiative qand intergrity
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; technical writing experience preferred.
Key Working Relationships
This role requires a strong working relationship with both internal and external resources:
- BDO Global IT Infrastructure team (~20 members)
- BDO Global IT leadership team
- BDO Global IT development teams
- BDO Global IT security team
- Member firms (our customers)
- Key vendors
- Short and long-term contractors