The overall objective of the position:
The fundamental purpose of this position is to provide end-to-end management and coordination of all aspects related to incidents, major incidents and problems and changes arose within BDO Global IT. Work closely with Global IT Application support, Infrastructure, Development, Change management team and Member Firms to ensure that Operations standards are established and adhered too.
This necessitates high levels of service level management and leadership through coordinating the technical implementation and operation of current and projected Global IT services.
Performance and progress in the following areas will be the priorities for this position:
- Develops reports and presentations around Operations for senior management, as needed
- Effectively monitor the incident queue for ageing incidents to ensure adequate resourcing in order maintain SLAs commitments.
- Responsible for creating/maintaining a centralized backlog of Operations tasks; A centralized backlog of all Operations work will be vital in projecting timelines, resource needs, etc.
- Take ownership of unsolved incidents/problems and liaise with support teams to drive them to the solution
- Act as an escalation point of contact for the Member Firms
- Undertake proactive management of service problems before they can impact business operations
- A sound knowledge of service management principles and processes and relevant experience in the practical application of service management processes (ITIL) in the delivery of ICT Infrastructure services
- The ability to manage the day-to-day delivery of services through third-party providers and different teams
- The ability to lead the response to critical incidents driving service restoration
- Ensure performance and availability of services is maintained by the monitoring and alerting of performance indicators
Qualifications, Experience, Skills:
- Tertiary qualifications required (e.g. University degree);
- Fundamental knowledge of the ITIL framework and/or service management approaches. ITIL certification preferred;
Experience & Skills:
- The ability to prioritize and execute tasks based on the objectives set by the company
- The ability to understand and autonomsly execute the imply tasks which come with a request
- The ability to respond to problems in a pro-active and timely manner
- The ability to use both “problem setting” and “lateral thinking” when deailing with an issue
- Effectively demonstrates leadership, teamwork, problem solving, initiative, proactiveness and integrity;
- Ability to translate technical arguments to business-related arguments and understand the impact on the business;
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent tasks and assignments;
- Experience working with multiple teams (local and remote) to handle complex information technology issues;
- Demonstrate the ability to balance priorities among competing needs whilst providing the highest level of value to BDO;
- Strong Negotiation and dispute resolution skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence and drive other team members.
Global IT Management Team; Global IT Technical Teams; BDO Member Firms and Delegates; Contractors & Suppliers; Key Vendors.