Overall objective of the position:
The Business Analyst works with stakeholders from key business units and related third parties to identify, define and document business processes and software requirements for online products, content management systems, and business information systems delivered by Global IT.
The purpose of this position is to act as the pivot or intermediary between defined business stakeholder groups and IT to ensure that business requirements are delivered in IT solutions; inclusive of the development of reports, preparing information from internal and external data sources to support compliance-oriented business decisions, projects and other initiatives.
Performance and progress in the following areas will be the priorities for this position:
- Establish strong working relationships with defined Product Owner’s and working groups to drive the continued development of the services.
- Meeting with stakeholder groups to gather and analyze business requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to business in determining and recommending information and business system needs.
- Respond to requests for information by summarizing and analyzing internal and external processes and data sources.
- Work with other stakeholders and project team members to develop necessary analysis documentation, as determined by the project, such as stakeholder analysis, scoping and requirements documentation, and test scenarios, for example.
- Work closely with Solution Architects and Product Owner to populate and maintain the Product Backlog and Product Roadmap.
- Analyze workflow(s) to create process maps and isolate areas of potential improvement.
- Develop functional specifications that design and document desired outcome of system enhancements and development.
- Producing technical specifications to communicate business requirements in technical terms to programmers and project teams.
- Identifying, preparing, 'crunching', analyzing and presenting processes and data utilizing available technologies.
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT), to ensure the overall efficiency, functionality and user friendliness of system enhancement/development meeting business expectations.
- Work with the business SME’s to ensure functional and technical requirements are aligned to standards and BDO policies and is able to quantify necessary testing for validation.
- Work as a crucial component of a project team responsible for enhancing existing systems or developing new systems
Qualifications, Experience, Skills:
- Tertiary or vendor aligned technical qualifications covering general business analysis and reporting (e.g. University IT or Business degree, certification e.g. Microsoft, ITIL). PMI or PRINCE 2 or Equivalent Business Analyst certification (e.g. IIBA) highly desirable.
- Strong ability to converse with both business and IT employees at all levels of the organization.
- Experience capturing requirements within a compliance-oriented environment.
- Outstanding ability to analyze, isolate and interpret business needs and develop appropriate technical solutions.
- Outstanding functional and technical specification writing/documentation skills.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the systems/software development lifecycle.
- Technical knowledge of programming, system design, IT infrastructure and database concepts are desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Able to work with multiple third-party vendors.
- Ability to balance priorities among competing needs.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and drive other team members
Key Working Relationships
The key working relationships outlined within this role include (but are not limited too):
- Member Firms Delegates;
- Project Teams;
- Business and Technical Stakeholder Groups;
- Professional bodies;
- Contractors and suppliers; and
- Key vendors.