Overall objective of the position:
The fundamental purpose of this position is to provide quality IT services to end-users and support staff in accordance with BDO Global IT service management processes, to agreed service levels.
In addition to serving as a point of contact for end-users and providing 2nd level application support to 1st and 2nd level support staff, this position delivers the efficient classification, prioritization and resolution of customer incidents & service requests.
Performance and progress in the following areas will be the priorities for this position:
- Support of incidents and service requests according to established IT Service Management (ITSM) processes and procedures, including:
- Providing support and management of incidents and service requests according to established IT Service Management (ITSM) processes and procedures
- Accurate recording of client and incidents details and troubleshooting progress;
- Pro-actively identify potential issues and act on these in accordance with the established ITSM processes;
- Resolution of incidents and service requests, sometimes using automated or standardized and documented resolution processes;
- Provide support during late shifts and on-call outside office hours;
- User on-boarding and exiting processes, including ICT asset issuing, training and recovery, as directed by the Lead Application Support Administrator;
- Escalation of incidents and service requests to higher support levels or specialist support teams in accordance with established ITSM processes and SLAs;
- Serve as an escalation point for incidents and service requests raised as an application champion for an assigned suite of line of business services.
- Knowledge Management:
- Creation of knowledge management records to document identified workarounds, known errors and related procedures;
- Standardization and documentation of common procedures that cannot be easily automated, for execution by other resources or teams; training of team members in the use and execution of manual documented processes;
- Automation of common procedures used to resolve Incidents and Change Requests.
- Incident/Problem management
- Monitoring of escalated incidents and service requests and liaising with support teams to drive issue resolution and enhance communication with the client
Qualifications, Experience, Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience delivering Information Technology support in a complex, professional environment
- Fundamental knowledge of the ITIL framework and or/other IT Service Management methodologies; 12+ months’ experience working in an environment with processes based on the ITIL framework preferred, including:
- delivery of services and support to defined service levels;
- experience using IT Service Management systems.
- Knowledge of MS Office productivity, communication & collaboration technologies (e.g. MS Office/Lync etc.)
- Effectively demonstrate the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of the support of complex line of business applications and services
- Effectively demonstrates teamwork, problem solving, initiative and integrity
- Excellent English language proficiency and good interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of SharePoint front-end is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL scripting is a plus
- Knowledge of Encoding languages (i.e. JSON – Perl) is a plus
The Support Specialist Global IT role needs to have strong working relationships with members of the BDO International IT Team, as well as the following external relationships:
- Member Firms;
- Contractors and suppliers;
- Key vendors.