Overall objective of the position:
The Data Analyst is responsible for the continuous improvement of situational awareness and data maturity via creation of analytics and reporting capability. This includes:
- Identifying analytics requirements – working with the technical leadership to determine their:
- data and information use cases
- data and information requirements -capturing and developing business rules/logic and relevant metrics.
- Sourcing and modelling data. This may involve:
- creating suitable target-state data models for analysis.
- integrating source systems or extracting data from databases as required (in conjunction with DBAs).
- performing any data transformations necessary to create target-state datasets.
- Developing analytics – creating reports and information artefacts to provide real time intelligence and predictive capability.
Performance and progress in the following areas will be the priorities for this position:
- Developing well documented and defined use cases and requirements.
- Modelling and populating appropriate datasets for analysis.
- Creating information artefacts to support operational management and oversight.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Relevant qualifications in IT or a related discipline are desirable but not essential.
- Basic (0-3 years) experience in Power BI. Certifications are desirable but not essential.
- Skills in data extraction and systems integration highly desirable.
- Appropriate communication and inter-personal skills, particularly the ability to work across international cultures. Strong written communication skills are also required to produce reports and technical documentation.
- Experience in business analysis and data modelling highly regarded.
- Experience with Azure or other cloud environments and/or IT Service Management functions desirable