You will join the Commerce team to lead the Sofia Hybris team in the delivery of SAP Hybris platform implementations for both B2C and B2B clients across industries such as Fashion, Electronics and Machine Part Retail, with potential for implementations in any eCommerce area.
Using (and improving) proven software engineering standards, automation processes, cloud services like AWS, other tools like Groovy and the latest features of Java and the Spring Framework you will lead the local team that will deliver high quality Hybris websites that have a high degree of customer satisfaction.
You will lead across the full life cycle of development through Discovery, Design, Build, Test, Deployment and Support of the platform for customers and it is expected that you will take ownership and responsibility for the technical delivery of Hybris projects out of the Greenlight office in Bulgaria.
You will be expected to coach, guide and develop the team in Sofia using your existing knowledge and experience of technologies and development practices to contribute to the team’s continual improvement.
You will collaborate closely with the leadership of remote teams including the Operations Director, Delivery Managers, Business Analysts, Solution Architect and UK Technical Leads., as well as the customer representatives to ensure the team meets the required quality standards and committed timeframes for Hybris projects.
Role & Responsibility:
- Designing, developing and delivering enterprise eCommerce web solutions based on SAP Hybris using Java/Spring technologies
- Designing extensions to the SAP Hybris data model and logic to create bespoke functionality that is reliable and efficient
- Facilitating regular sprint planning and supporting the team to plan and estimate the project tasks and delivery dates
- Supporting team members in developing their knowledge and coding skills.
- Taking ownership of the non-development technical tasks including project initiation, deployment processes, etc.
- Collaborating with other senior members of the ecommerce practice to improve working processes and support business growth
- Providing support with pre-sales activities and participating in project discovery phases
- Collaborating with the local Practice Lead in recruiting new talent and in conducting performance appraisals
- Occasional Level 1 support and BAU tasks
- Being ultimately accountable for the quality of the work delivered by the Sofia Hybris team.
- Refining internal methodologies and processes and ensuring they are followed at all times to ensure quality deliverables
- Proactively participating in the team and being vocal about issues, improvements and successes
- Collaborating with remote delivery teams
- Collaborating with all disciplines in the SDLC including project management, design authority, quality assurance and dev ops.
- Collaborating with customer teams
Qualification & Skills Requirements:
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- 3+ years of experience with SAP Hybris
- 6+ years Java experience
- Expert with VCS tooling, e.g. Git branching/merging strategies
- Proficiency using and implementing build and dependency management tools
- Passion for delivering quality software solutions
- Methodical and structured approach with eye for detail and quality
- Excellent investigative and problem-solving abilities
- Works well individually or as part of a team, irrespective of team size
- Self-starter willing and able to take ownership and assume responsibility
Ability to manage own and others’ time, priorities and meet tight deadlines and support others to do the same
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Excellent communication skills at both technical and non-technical level and the ability to communicate with and present to clients
- Enthusiastic, passionate and quick learner, with the desire to broaden knowledge and expand skills
About Greenlight Commerce:
Greenlight Commerce is an award-winning, ecommerce solutions practice that specializes in SAP Hybris and Salesforce. We’ve worked with many of the Top 500 retail companies, including Liberty, The British Home Store, Furniture Village, Maplin and Thomas Pink.
Part of the Greenlight group, our eCommerce practice is tightly integrated with our full services digital marketing business, providing our clients with the expertise and technology they need to deliver real digital growth across all areas, in the one place.