About the company:
Owned by Private Equity Investor Marcol and based in London, FirstCare helps businesses manage and reduce absence, increase productivity and support employee wellbeing. Founded in 2006 and experiencing record growth, the company manages over 1,000,000 unique interactions from employees every year, and their service is used by organisations such as Coca-Cola, the National Health Service and British Airways.
We are seeking an outgoing, energetic and above all highly talented individual who can demonstrate considerable prowess in test engineering as the development of the company’s technology platform enters a period of high change, including international expansion and changes to its core proposition.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to step up to senior position in a team as the business enters new markets, adopts new technologies and makes its customers lives safer and more productive. There’s no legacy here, just forward facing, modern languages, products and concepts which require your expertise and passion to take in to the future.
You’ll be highly skilled in testing technologies, best practice and standards working within a team of high calibre technology professionals building a class defining product.
- Development of automated and manual test strategies for web applications
- Significant (5 years), real-word experience of automated testing, including the creation of test scripts and management of the tooling to support these processes
- Significant experience analysing user stories for their testing requirements both functional and non-functional
- Extensive, practical experience of working with modern tools, practices, testing principles
- Healthcare or other industry where data are classed as ‘sensitive’ and technical decisions reflect this
- A lifelong learner and born problem-solver who makes an effort to keep themselves up to date with modern developments
- You’ll genuinely love what you do and will bring a positive and upbeat style to the team
- You’ll speak and write English well and will understand the importance of clear and timely communications
- You’ll be comfortable taking tough decisions but will do so in a collegiate manner and with the broad support of the team
- You’ll be comfortable working with light supervision and will understand how to optimise upwards and downwards management of the teams’ technical challenges.
- You’ll ideally have worked in a remote team setup before and will have strategies to ensure that the team feel part of something bigger
- You’ll have the characteristics of a completer/finisher and an eye for detail