About the company:
Owned by Private Equity Investor Marcol and based in London, the company help businesses manage and reduce absence, increase productivity and support employee wellbeing. Founded in 2006 and experiencing record growth, the company manage over 1,000,000 unique interactions from employees every year, and their service is used by organisations such as Coca-Cola, the National Health Service and British Airways.
We are seeking an outgoing, energetic and above all highly talented individual who can demonstrate considerable prowess in software engineering to support the continued development of the company’s technology platform as the business enters a period of high growth, including international expansion and changes to its core proposition.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for the right candidate to move in to a senior position in a team as the business enters new markets, adopts new technologies and makes its customers lives safer and more productive. There’s no legacy here, just forward facing, modern languages, products and concepts which require your expertise to bring to life.
You’ll be accountable for delivering best in class Java engineering, best practice and standards whilst part of a team of high calibre technology professionals building a class defining product.
For this senior role we would prefer candidates who have an advanced degree in an associated CS/Tech subject.
- Development of highly scalable and high performing back-ends interfacing to APIs and database.
- Significant (5y+) real-word experience of Java, with deep dive experience with version 8 or higher for at least 3 years.
- Extensive, practical experience of associated frameworks, with a focus on Spring.
- OOP / OOD development principles, with a real flair for novel practices which push boundaries.
- Extensive, practical experience of working with modern tools, practices, development principles
- Structured databases
- Deployment strategies, including containerisation
- Good Linux administration skills
- Hybrid infrastructures, including virtual private cloud and public cloud workload optimisation
- Healthcare or other industry where data are classed as ‘sensitive’ and technical decisions reflect this
- A lifelong learner and born problem-solver who makes an effort to keep themselves up to date with modern developments
- You’ll genuinely love what you do and will bring a positive and upbeat style to the team
- You’ll speak and write English well and will understand the importance of clear and timely communications
- You’ll be comfortable taking tough decisions but will do so in a collegiate manner and with the broad support of the team
- You’ll ideally have worked in a remote team setup before and will have strategies to ensure that the team feel part of something bigger
- You’ll have the characteristics of a completer/finisher and an eye for detail