Here at Xiatech, we believe that a great work-life balance leads to a contented and productive team. We enable all our engineers to work remotely, in order that they enjoy the flexibility and freedom to work at a time and place convenient to their lifestyle. Of course, when it comes to the serious stuff of doing business, everyone at Xiatech makes themselves available and delivers to a high standard when required.
Over the last five years, Xiatech have developed an innovative and disruptive Single Data View (SDV) platform, created using the latest in Open Source, Microservices, Big Data and Cloud technologies.
The SDV (www.xiatech.co.uk/single-data-view) provides companies with three important functions:
- Real-time, event-based, system integration (Integration Platform as a Service – IPaaS)
- Real-time, 3600 single view of data
- Real-time reporting, business intelligence and analytics
This role is an opportunity to join an established UK-based Software as a Service organization who believe in using the latest leading-edge technology to drive business growth.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for defining and developing the features and functionality of the Single Data View Platform, including involvement in the roadmap and prioritization of new requirements. They will work closely with the CTO, Engineering Director, the client business teams, the SDV project team, the stakeholders and their peers in the technical development team, ensuring all requirements and views are represented in delivering the final SDV product.
This includes all elements of the platform, including the integrations, APIs, Microservices, cloud services, data flows, dashboards, user interface, back office tooling and third-party plug-ins. You will be working with the very latest technologies from our partners at Amazon, Google and Couchbase and will be required to have prior experience in developing cutting edge, real-time integration or data related software.
1.Work with the CTO, Engineer Director technology, data team and wider business to develop the features and functionality required for expanding and optimising all elements of the SDV platform.
2.To clearly communicate all aspects of the Product (SDV platform) development on an ongoing basis to all stakeholders
3.To understand the relevant Epics and Stories from the product backlog in Jira
4.Where relevant, work to the deadlines for the product development alongside the Project team, the Release Manager and Test Manager to define the release dates for the product features
5.Attend daily stand-ups and work with the Project and Business teams to ensure that any blockers are owned and cleared providing any relevant escalations path for resolution
6.Provide regular feedback to all stakeholders on the backlog and sprint achievements, communicating any delays
7.Provide industry insight, innovation and relevant expertise to ensure the SDV product remains commercial competitive and efficient whilst optimising the brand and customer experience
8.Partake in the testing of newly delivered stories and ensure they deliver the required outcome.
- Capacity to Learn
Knowledge & Experience:
- The role is to work on our Software platform (xiatech.co.uk/single-data-view) - to enhance the product and to integrate it into our clients’ system landscapes
- Engineering background - Preferably Golang, or at least 5 years’ experience in any of C / C++ / C# / Java etc.
- A working experience of Lambda & Kinesis would be desirable
- Integration (not ETL) and backend dev experience of low latency systems - not web development.
- Experience in high throughput distributed systems & Microservices
- Good database experience - but not necessarily a DBA. Experience of NoSql document Databases like Couchbase / MongoDB is a plus
- Some architecture and data modelling experience would be good, and there could be good progression to doing some architecture work for clients
- Cloud (AWS/CP/Azure) and DevOps (Cloudformation/Terraform/other) experience is highly desirable
- Spark, BigQuery or Hadoop-type BigData knowledge is also desirable
- Excellent knowledge of the Agile development process and tools
- Good working knowledge of system integration and business requirements process
- Experience of working as a Senior Engineer on large scale integration or data platforms or similar
- Proven experience of working within large business transformation projects within complex technical and cultural environments
- Experience of working with large scale, high volume, real-time data, applications and infrastructure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels, both technical and non-technical
- A strong passion for, and experience of working within a data-driven environment
- Happy to work directly with clients / talk to business / presentable etc
- Can work on their own without constant supervision
- Experience with other third-party tools such as Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, Adobe analytics, Google Analytics, Looker and any other similar applications is desirable
- The developer will be an integral part of the engineering team and will be working mostly remotely. There may be some requirements to travel to the U.K. but this won’t be essential.
- The position will be primarily remote based with some possible occasional travel