Overall objective of the position:
The fundamental purpose of this position is to provide effective technical management of IT Services (to ensure that the integrity, availability, performance, recoverability and security of the BDO Global IT services is delivered in accordance to agreed service levels).
This is achieved through proactive monitoring and management of services to mitigate potential service disruptions. Furthermore, this position actively engages with the IT Support Team in the delivery of support (2nd and 3rd level) and customer service to BDO Member Firms.
Performance and progress in the following areas will be the priorities for this position:
- Administration of core network and business services across a range of platforms and technologies, including Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft O365, Microsoft Active Directory, Anti-Virus and security services, and associated network services.
- Installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software.
- Ensure business continuity through effective and efficient backup and recovery methodologies of core IT services
- Automation of common procedures used to resolve Incidents, problems and Change Requests.
- Standardisation and documentation of common procedures that cannot be easily automated for execution by other resources or teams
- Proactive monitoring of infrastructure and associated services
- Proactive management of infrastructure and associated services including patching and upgrading of applications and operating systems, application delivery, and problem remediation
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support in accordance with established ITSM processes and procedures
- Provide customer service management in addition to general duties and contribution to team objectives
- Assist in the maintenance of production As-Built Documentation and Operational Manuals (Inc. Disaster Recovery)
- Participate in the projects that change existing services, establish new services or retire services from an operational implementation and support perspective
Qualifications, Experience, Skills:
- Tertiary and vendor-aligned technical qualifications with platform (server & OS), connectivity and security elements (e.g. a university degree + MCSA, MCSE, or similar)
- 3+ years commercial experience in enterprise infrastructure implementation and administration
- Preferably SharePoint Server administration.
- Preferably fundamental knowledge Microsoft Azure administration.
- Fundamental knowledge of the ITIL framework and or/other IT Service Management methodologies. 3+ years’ experience working in an environment with processes based on the ITIL framework, including:
- Adherence to formal change management processes;
- Ability to forecast capacity requirements and implement as required in a cost-effective manner
- Delivery of services and support to defined service levels;
- Experience using IT Service Management systems
- Practical knowledge of core Identity Management infrastructure services including Active Directory and Group Policy, Enterprise Antivirus and Encryption Suites, Active Directory Federation Services and System Centre Configuration Manager (or Intune).
- Practical knowledge of and experience supporting LAN/WAN technologies and services
- Practical knowledge of large scale storage and backup solutions (hardware and software)
- Practical knowledge of distributed and virtual computing platforms
- Practical knowledge of,security management in an enterprise-class environment
- Provision of 3rd level support for escalated service desk incidents and service requests
- Effectively demonstrates leadership, teamwork, problem solving, initiative and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; preferably has technical writing experience
Key Working Relationships:
The Systems Administrator needs to have strong working relationships with members of the Infrastructure Manager, Global IT, Global Director, IT Operations, BDO International IT Team, as well as the following external relationships:
- Member Firms;
- Professional bodies;
- Contractors and suppliers; and Key vendors.