Overall objective of the position:
The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for administration, enhancement and maintenance of the BDO SharePoint environment including on-premises and SharePoint Online. The SharePoint Administrator will make recommendations for actions and changes to improve SharePoint operations, business collaboration and processes, and engage with vendors or partners for complex implementation tasks.
Performance and progress in the following areas will be the priorities for this position:
- Manage SharePoint services hosted on premises or externally in SharePoint Online.
- Develop and deploy SharePoint functionality including workflow, forms, team sites and any other required collaboration functionality.
- Identify requirements for new functionality including workflow, forms and any other collaboration requirements.
- Work closely with stakeholders to capture business requirements to support business operations, optimisations and automation.
- Administer security and governance of SharePoint sites, libraries etc.
- Monitor global SharePoint footprint to assure performance is maintained for all users.
- Communicate to service performance and delivery to stakeholders.
- Ensure service performance and delivery meets the business requirements (based on defined SLA).
- Deliver a consistent process for incident and problem escalation and resolution in line with the sourcing governance framework.
- Collaborate with other IT staff including networking, security, and data centre operation teams, to facilitate effective issue resolution.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or Tertiary and vendor-aligned technical qualifications.
- Extensive knowledge of SharePoint and Windows Server management.
- Proven experience administering multi-tier (web/application/database) architectures.
- Experience with the creation and management of content databases.
- Ability to develop and deploy custom SharePoint sites.
- Experience in managing servers and sites hosted in Microsoft Azure.
- Familiarity with Agile Project Management and methodologies desired.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Able to exercise independent judgement and act on it.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The SharePoint Administrator needs to have strong working relationships with:
- Global IT Project Management Office.
- IT Operations
- BDO International IT Team
- Contractors and Suppliers
- Key Vendors