Our CEO Richard Yeo gave a much requested follow up presentation entitled "Effective Testing Part 3 - What every tester should know about character sets and character encodings" at our Sofia, Bulgaria office tonight. The lecture / course was free for attendees.
The presentation covered
- Quick recap if you missed Part 2
- What every tester should know about character sets and character encodings
- Difference between character sets and character encodings
- ISO 8859
- Unicode (UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32, USC-2, BOM, etc.)
- Technology support and potential gotchas
We would like to thank everybody for attending and their continued interest in the Effective Testing series. We will post details of other events soon.