On the 23rd of March TechHuddle Academy hosted a free lecture on “CQRS and Event Sourcing for beginners”. It was presented by Nikolay and Denis.
Nikolay and Denis showed how to build applications which work like a time machine.
The lecture covered the following:
- What is CQRS?
- Why you should separate Read and Write?
- Does it help to have two models?
- How complex is it?
- Is Eventual Consistency something that bad?
- Why Event Sourcing?
- What is Event Sourcing?
- How it is different than what we do?
- How to stop losing data from our applications?
- How you can force your application to replay a lot of events?
- Troubles with Event Sourcing