London's Tech City growth is being stunted by talent shortage according to research carried out by GFK on behalf of the online publication TechCityInsider.
- 44% of the 141 businesses surveyed saw a lack of skilled workers as the biggest challenge to growing their business
- 77% of businesses in the survey claimed that a lack of access to skilled workers was restricting their growth
- 90% said that coders and developers were the hardest roles for which to attract new recruits
- 42% of Tech City businesses said they were finding it somewhat or very difficult to retain their best employees
- One of the reasons for the shortage of technically-minded people in the Tech City area is that large organisations such as Google and Amazon are poaching the best people
- 94% of businesses forced to employ temps, freelancers and interns with the knock on consequences of doing so